RESIDENTIAL WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
LA SALLE COUNTY RESIDENTIAL SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE
River City Waste Services (RCWS) is a full-service residential waste management and recycling provider. We offer weekly residential subscription service throughout the LaSalle County area. If your municipality is not contracted with one specific hauler, you can choose the right residential waste management provider that suits your needs.
We have built customizable collection options and cost structures to provide you with the best possible service while keeping costs down. RCWS maintains two local offices in Lasalle and Sandwich. Both of our locations are operated by residents who understand and handle all of your waste and recycling needs.
Waste is collected in well-maintained collection vehicles by our experienced and dedicated staff. Each member of our team truly believes in putting our customers first. This philosophy has earned us the reputation of best full-service residential waste management and recycling provider in the LaSalle County area.
We truly value our loyal customer base and thank you for the privilege to serve your community.
Residential Waste Collection
RCWS provides unlimited curbside collection of your weekly household-generated trash. We will not limit you to one or two cans, and customers can use their own cans or bags. Our staff will also collect one large item per week at no additional charge.
- Trash cans cannot exceed 50 gallons in capacity and 50 pounds in weight.
- We can provide a wheeled cart for you—a monthly rental fee may apply.
- Large items include couches, tables, chairs, etc.
Please call our office to discuss collection pricing for large-scale cleanouts and construction projects.
Yard Waste and Compost Collection
RCWS provides seasonal yard waste and compost collection from April 1st to November 30th each year.
Our staff will collect 33-gallon cans, approved biodegradable 30-gallon lawn and leaf bags, or bundles secured with twine. To ensure the safety of our staff, we require that all cans or bags do not exceed 50 pounds in weight and that all bundles do not exceed 2’ X 4’ and 50 pounds in weight.
Single Stream Recycle Collection
Beverage containers both clear and colored.
Natural beverage containers. Colored detergent/heath care containers.
Food, health care/beauty aid and household containers
Various food containers.
Various food containers.
Narrow neck containers and buckets up to 5 gallons Rinsed Juice/Milk Cartons (Aseptic Containers)
- Recycling materials should be loose and not bagged. If you must use a bag, it needs to be transparent. Black bags will be considered contaminated and disposed of as trash.
- Containers that have previously stored liquid or food should be emptied. Food and liquid containers do not have to be rinsed unless it was previously filled with a heavy substance. Examples of heavy substance products include tomato paste, peanut butter, or vegetable oil.
- Lids and caps from plastic bottles and glass jars are preferred to remain intact prior to recycling.
- To limit the amount of space used, break down any cardboard boxes into pieces.
The following items are NOT recyclable although they are made from paper, plastic, and cardboard:
- Pizza boxes
- Paper plates
- Plastic cups (i.e., Solo cups)
- Paper towels
- Plastic grocery bags
THERE ARE TWO SERVICE LEVELS FOR YARD WASTE AND COMPOST COLLECTION
A flat monthly rate that covers weekly collection for up to six 35-gallon containers or lawn and leaf bags. For more than six lawn or leaf bags or containers, a sticker must be affixed onto the additional bags/containers. See the sticker service information below.
A weekly volume-based system where a customer pays for only the quantity of the landscape waste collected. This option is done by the customer purchasing stickers through RCWS and placing them on a can or lawn and leaf bag. Bags and cans should not exceed 35 gallons and 50 pounds. RCWS stickers are available at local businesses in your community. You can also contact RCWS, and we will mail the stickers to you.